INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
In according with the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR).
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This information describes the processing of the personal data uploaded or collected on the internet website “tattoolife.com” and “tattoolifestore.com” and “tattoolifemagazine.com” and “tattoolifemap.com” (hereinafter “the Websites“) and for the services offered with said Websites, as well as the personal data uploaded or collected through the Applications made available by Tattoo Life brand on third-party platforms (e.g. mobile apps) and/or Services also offered in other channels as printed paper magazines and yearbooks.
You may browse the Websites and Applications freely and are not obliged to register, except for certain restricted areas of the same, where the user is required to freely and expressly provide personal data in order to be able to access and/or to use addictional services for which your specific consent is required. In the cases where you intend to provide your personal data in order to access those additional services, pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of GDPR (GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION), we expressly informe you of the purposes and methods with which the data will be used by the “Data Controller”, and you will always be given the right to erase or update those data at any time.
The personal “Data Controller” is Mediafriends S.r.l., owner of the Websites and Applcations of the Tattoo Life brand, (here after “Mediafriends“), which has its legal headquarters in Corso Lodi 18, 20135 Milan, Italy and its center of operations in Viale Papiniano 49, 20123 Milan, Italy. The Data Controller has appointed a staff of people authorized to treat the data.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
You do not need to be registered to access the Websites and/or Applications. However, we inform you that we collect two basic types of information: personal data and anonymous data; furthermore, we may use either personal or anonymous data for the creation of a third type of information: aggregated data.
We collect the following categories of personal data:
- registration data uploaded when you sign-up to our newsletter service, which include e-mail addresses, name, country;
- identity/contact data of the transaction/orders uploaded when one of our products or services is purchased on our Websites or through our Applications, which include information on the purchased products/services, the email address, the telephone number, the date of birth, the name and lastname, the password, the shipping and billing address, the payment information and eventually invoice information;
- information that you provide Mediafriends by telephone, e-mail or through our contact form on our Websites and/or Applications;
- registration data uploaded when you create an account, which may include name and lastname, date of birth, telephone/mobile, e-mail address and password and/or eventually other fields;
- data uploaded in public forums and/or comments area on the Websites and/or Applications;
- information on the location, including the device identification code or the IP address of the user, at the moment in which the user visits the Website, use our Applications, on third-party websites and platforms, or opens our email messages.
Whenever should Mediafriends acquire information and personal data about users, we will notify the same in advance, pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of GDPR, of the purposes for which said data are required and of the procedures engaged for their use.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data (which include sensitive personal information such as details about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, political affiliation and sexual orientation).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current, so please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can inform us by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
We collect most of this information from you directly, for example, identity data, contact data, when you fill in forms, correspond with us by email or phone or post and/or otherwise:
- when you subscribe to our services;
- when you create an account on the Websites and/or Applications ;
- when you purchase products and/or Services from Mediafriends;
- when you subscribe to our magazines and neswletter;
- when take part in public comment area or other public activities on the Websites and/or Applications;
- when take part in our promotions or events or otherwise interact with us;
- we may also collect personal information from job applications and this information may be used to assess an applicant’s suitability for employment.
When a user provides personal data to third party platforms or websites, the data sent may be collected separately. Personal data collected by third party websites and platforms are subject to the directives on privacy of such third-party websites and platforms. The decisions concerning privacy made by the user on third party websites and platforms shall not apply to the use by Mediafriends of the personal data directly collected by use through the Websites and/or our Applications.
The data relative to the user’s connection to and browsing on the Websites and Applications (such as the URI-Uniform Resource Identifier addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server – successful, error, etc. – and other parameters relative to the user’s operating system and IT environment) are only collected for the purpose of gathering anonymous statistical information about the use of the Websites and/or Applications and to check that everything works correctly, and these are erased immediately after processing.
The data could be used to verify the responsibility in the case of alleged IT crimes damaging the Websites and/or Applications: with the exclusion of this hypothesis, the data is erased after the period of time required to provide the services illustrated in the Website.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When Mediafriends collects your data, it means that Mediafriends needs it to provide you better information about services, products, events, promotions as well as special offers. To be more specific, we can use your data to:
- provide products and services for you;
- process transaction and/or manage orders (e.g. on our online Store);
- send notification about information exchange between you and Mediafriends;
- send you information and promotional emails about new products, special offers or other subjects related to Tattoo Life which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided;
- prevent activities that destroy or damage user accounts and/or profiles;
- contact and solve your problems in some specific cases connected to the Website and Applications;
- run analytics or collect statistics;
- propose to partecipate to our events and/or promotions related to the tattoo world.
DATA PROCESSING PROCEDURES AND FIELD OF COMMUNICATION
The data can be processed both electronically and in paper form. Mediafriends guarantees that the personal data provided via the Websites and/or Applications or in other manner will be processed lawfully and correctly, in full compliance with the legislation in force, and will maintain the strictest confidentiality regarding the data provided during aquisition.
The data will not be communicated to third parties except within the limits and under the conditions expressly indicated, and only upon receipt of authorisation from the same.
This information note is only applicable to the Mediafriends Websites, Applications and/or Services and is not valid for any other websites that may be consulted by the user via links on the same. Mediafriends cannot be held responsible for the personal data provided by the users to external parties or to any other websites that may be linked to the Mediafriends Websites, Applications and/or Services.
NEWSLETTER AND E-MAIL MARKETING
The Websites and Applications offer to visitor/users the possibility to sign up to the newsletter service. The subscription to newsletter service is voluntary and free, but the statement of a correct email-address is mandatory in order to provide you with the service request. After receiving your request, Mediafriends will always send to users a confirmation e-mail. Users have to follow the steps provided in this confirmation e-mail, specifically by clicking on the attached link/button, in order to verify Users email address.
The e-mail address provided by you, in signing to the newsletter service or e.g. by purchasing a product and/or other Services, may be employed by Mediafriends to direct offers of similar products and/or Services (so-called soft spamming), to which you have always the right to oppose at any time and without formalities to such processing. The cancellation request can be freely exercised by you by contacting Mediafriends (phone, email or through the contact form on the Websites), or simply upon receipt of the newsletter, by clicking on the “stop receiving this message” link at the bottom of the message received.
Mediafriends utilizes MailUp services as professional and secure email marketing platform for sending emails, DEM, newsletters and/or SMS.
LOCATION OF DATA PROCESSING AND DISSEMINATION OF PERSONAL DATA
The data relative to the Services provided by the Websites and Applications is processed in the center of operations of Mediafriends in Viale Papiniano 49, 20123 Milan, Italy. Your personal data may be accessed or disclosed to:
- Mediafriends employees and collaborators, in their capacity as authorized processing personnel, in accordance with their respective duties and in compliance with the instructions received by Mediafriends. Such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information;
- third party service providers which perform activities on behalf of Mediafriends or which are entrusted by Mediafriends with certain task or parts thereof, that are required for supplying or distributing the services offered through the Websites and/or Applications (for example: hosting companies, programmers, system experts and database administrators), or whose activity is connected, instrumental or supportive of that performed by Mediafriends;
- to any entity (Public Authorities includes) which may access to the personal data based on statutory and administrative provisions;
- to any public and/or private subject, individuals and/or entities (legal, administrative and tax consultancy firms, Judicial Authorities, Chamber of Commerce, Labour Authorities, etc.), if the disclosure is required or functional for the correct performance of the contractual obligations, and also of the statutory obligations;
We do not collect personal identifying information for sale to third parties for consumer marketing purposes.
However, as it is impossible to guarantee that such measures for the security of the Websites and/or Applications and the transmission of data and information on the same Websites and/or Applications limit or exclude any risk of unauthorised access or dissemination of data.
INFORMATION ABOUT MINOR
Minors under 18 years of age are prohibited from visiting, registering and/or any other activities on the Websites and/or Applications. By visiting, registering and/or any other activities on the Websites and/or Applications you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTIES
Pursuant to articles 13, paragraph 2, points (b) and (d), 15, 18, 19 and 21 of GDPR you have the right to request information on how your data is processed from the Data Supervisor, obtaining, without delay, the rectification or cancellation or limitation of treatment concerning it, fully or partially opposing the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising, the data portability, and to propose a complaint by the authority.
You may exercise your rights as per articles 13, paragraph 2, points (b) and (d), 15, 18, 19 and 21 of GDPR at any time by the page Contact us and/or in any other form you can find in Mediafriends Websites and/or Applications such us phone, a-mail, etc.
The integral text of General Data Protection Regulation GDPR can be consulted on the website https://gdpr-info.eu.
RIGHT TO REVIEW
Last update: May 2018